March 29, 2017
** CLOSING DATE: April 30, 2017
The Maryland State Treasurer’s Office is seeking an Executive to serve as the Director of Treasury Management. This position is responsible for all activities performed by the Banking Services Unit as well as the Investment Unit. The person who will ultimately fill this position will be responsible for translating the agency mission and strategy into daily operations and building the organizational support needed to achieve that mission within the Treasury Management Division. Some of the principal duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Managing the daily operations of the Banking Services Unit; including reconciliation of the State’s main bank accounts, processing of bank adjustments and posting of transactions in excess of $175 billion to the State’s general ledger annually.
• Managing the State’s $6.7 billion investment portfolio in order to meet the State’s daily liquidity requirements.
• Acting as a liaison between the banks and State agencies. Authorizing and implementing new services offered by the banks to solve problems identified by the agencies in their effort to serve the public.
• Ensuring protection of State funds on deposit through the monitoring of accounts and collateral balances.
• Drafting legislation relative to investments affecting public entities throughout the State.
• Performing monthly interest allocation from the State’s investment portfolio to State agencies
• Overseeing the $4 billion Local Government Investment Pool.
• Monitoring securities lending activities.
• Identifying the needs of the division and manage the professional development of the staff in order to facilitate the goals of the department.
• Independently analyzing the current operations and structure of various programs and systems and improve efficiency in providing services to all State agencies.
The chosen candidate will need to identify and support business transformation and productivity initiatives that improve efficiency and execute operations while leading, inspiring and developing a high quality, talented team capable of supporting the needs of the agency. Candidates must have excellent organizational, communication and people skills. Additionally, must be effective at team-building, and must be able to demonstrate the ability to work as a hands-on manager. The incumbent must possess the highest level of integrity and professional judgment. Candidates should possess a strong financial background.
This is a full-time position with MD State employment benefits which include: paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical and dental plans; pension plan; 401k/457 plans; employee credit union; direct deposit; paid parking.
NAST Appointed to Congressional Task Force on Intergovernmental Affairs https://goo.gl/do8ZYR