September 19, 2016
Oklahoma State Treasurer Ken Miller Elected 2017 President
SEATTLE, WA – The National Association of State Treasurers (NAST) today elected Oklahoma State Treasurer Ken Miller as its 2017 President during the association’s annual conference in Seattle. Treasurer Miller will succeed outgoing President James L. McIntire, the Washington State Treasurer, on January 1, 2017.
“It is an honor to be chosen by my colleagues to serve as president of this bipartisan national network,” said Treasurer Miller during NAST’s annual conference. “For more than four decades, NAST has addressed some of the country’s toughest fiscal challenges by promoting policies and programs that have proven successful at the state level. I look forward to helping guide this association in its next phase of growth.”
“I would further like to thank Treasurer McIntire for his leadership over the past year. Under his presidency, NAST has pushed to improve America’s aging infrastructure, help families save for the rising cost of higher education, return unclaimed property to its rightful owners and enhance financial literacy across the nation. I am excited to continue working with him and the entire executive committee to build on this momentum.”
Treasurer Miller is the first Oklahoman in NAST’s 40-year history to serve as president of the association. He was elected state treasurer of Oklahoma in 2010 and was reelected in 2014.
Alongside Treasurer Miller, the association also elected Beth Pearce, Vermont State Treasurer, as Senior Vice President of NAST and Mark Gordon, Wyoming State Treasurer, as Secretary-Treasurer of NAST.
Other 2017 NAST Executive Committee members elected include:
· Past President, James McIntire, Washington Treasurer
· President, Ken Miller, Oklahoma Treasurer
· Senior Vice President, Beth Pearce, Vermont Treasurer
· Secretary-Treasurer, Mark Gordon, Wyoming Treasurer
· Western Region Vice President, Pamela Leary, Alaska Treasurer
· Midwestern Region Vice President, Don Stenberg, Nebraska Treasurer
· Southern Region Vice President, Curtis Loftis, South Carolina Treasurer
· Eastern Region Vice President, Deborah Goldberg, Massachusetts Treasurer
Vermont State Treasurer Beth Pearce, NAST’s incoming president, has partnered with Governor Phil Scott to launch a statewide Financial Literacy..