September 14 -17, 2020
See entire schedule below.
2:00pm-3:30pm ET I 1:00pm-2:30pm CT I 12:00pm-1:30pm MT I 11:00am-12:30pm PT
Open to all current NAST members.
Current members of NAST have been invited to attend four free events in September in lieu of the Annual Conference, which was to be held in San Diego. Like most in-person events, we had to cancel our annual gathering but we are still providing the quality professional learning you have come to expect from NAST. A link for these events was emailed to all current members.
We know from past evaluations that networking is one of the reasons you attend NAST conferences. While nothing can substitute for in-person conversations, we are offering three online calls so you can see and talk with your colleagues from around the nation. When you join the Zoom room, introductory remarks will be offered, and then you will enter a room for small group conversations. Please add these events to your calendar for your particular time zone (2pm-3:30 pm ET /1 pm-2:30 pm CT /12pm-1:30 pm MT /11am-12:30 pm PT) and join us!
Monday, September 14th— unclaimed property.
Wednesday, September 16th — state debt management.
Thursday, September 17th— college savings/529 programs.
In order to provide you with the content typically occurring at the Annual Conference, NAST will host five Fall Forums in October. Registration for these forums will open in September for members and supporters. Topics include:
- State Finances in the Era of COVID-19
- State Financial Operations and Technology/Management During and Beyond COVID-19
- Understanding How Consumer Behavior has Changed in Response to COVID-19
- Building an Inclusive Society
- From Traditionalists to Gen-Z: How can we understand and effectively work together?
NAST 2020 Annual Business Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
2:00pm-3:30pm ET / 1:00pm-2:30pm CT /
12:00pm-1:30pm MT /11:00am-12:30pm PT
- Call to Order and Recognition of Proxies
- Consideration of Minutes of Prior Meetings
- President’s State of the Association Address
- Announcement of NAST Annual Award Winners
- NAST Foundation Update & Board Appointments
- Announcement of Financial Wellness Grant Awardees
- Secretary-Treasurer’s Report
- Executive Director’s Report
- Consideration of NAST Policy Resolutions & Legislative Committee Report
- Reports of Standing Committees
- Banking and Cash Management
- Financial Education and Empowerment
- Long Range Planning Committee
- Pension and Trust Investment
- Program and Learning Committee
- Report of Networks
- College Savings Plans Network
- National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators
- State Debt Management Network
- Corporate Affiliate Board Report
- Reports of Special Committees
- Ad Hoc Committee on Governance
- Announcement of NAST Regional Vice Presidents
- Election for Secretary-Treasurer
- Election for Senior Vice President
- Election for President
- Unfinished Business
- New Business