VIEW CONFERENCE BROCHURE
The NAST Legislative Conference is scheduled for February 11 through February 14, 2017 in Washington, DC.
The conference will take a close look at the changing political landscape of Washington and what NAST and it’s members can do to further their advocacy efforts. With great panels such as…
- Monday Feb. 13th, 8:50-9:50 AM – The Trump Administration and the 115th Congress: What are the Changes, Who are the Key Players and How can NAST Members Most Effectively Work with a Changing Federal Government?
- Treasurer David Damschen (UT)
- Jim Febeo – Fidelity
- Susan Hirschmann – Williams & Jensen
- Christopher Lucas – BNY Mellon
- Monday Feb. 13th, 10:00-11:00 AM – How will the 2017 General Election Impact the Economy and Monetary Policy?
- Treasurer Mark Gordon (WY)
- Laurie Brignac – Invesco
- Richard Rubin – Wall Street Journal
- Zachary Warmbrodt – Politico
- Monday Feb. 13th, 11:15 AM-12:15 PM – The Changing World of Cyber Security: What are the Newest Developments and What are Congress, the Administration and the Private Sector Doing to Combat Cybercrime?
- Treasurer John Chiang (CA)
- Justin Deck – Citi
- Scott Miller – House Intelligence Committee
- Ellen Rinaldi – Vanguard
- Monday Feb. 13th, 2:15-3:15 PM – Tax Reform: Is this the year? Leading Experts Discuss the Tax Reform and The Likelihood of Enactment in 2017.
- Treasurer Nancy Kopp (MD)
- Larry Chadwick – TIAA
- Pierce Scranton – JPM Chase
- Preston Rutledge – Senate Committee on Finance
- Tuesday Feb. 14th, 9:15-10:15 AM – What will the 115th Congress Hold for 529 College Savings Plans and ABLE Programs?
- Treasurer Young Boozer (AL)
- Christopher Toppings – Dep. LD w/ Senator Burr (R-NC)
- Colin Brainard – LA w/ Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-KS)
- Robert Moran – Senate HELP Staff
- Tuesday Feb. 14th, 10:30-11:30 AM – The Trump Administration’s Infrastructure Investment Proposal and Potential Congressional Action in the 115th Congress.
- Treasurer Jeff Barnette (DC)
- Robert Andres – Senate Finance Committee
The four day event will be held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel. Set in the Penn Quarter, this high-rise hotel with an atrium courtyard is an 8-minute walk from the Verizon Center sports arena, and an 11-minute walk from the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.
In addition to the sights and attractions of the city, this conference provides a blend of education, policy discussion, and networking that you don’t want to miss.
The Grand Hyatt is offering the following special rates for NAST conference attendees:
· State treasurers, staff in treasury offices and other government officials: $182
· Corporate or non-government attendees: $245
To reserve your room, call (202) 582-1234 and ask for the NAST Legislative Conference Group rate. The cutoff date to receive the group rate is January 10, 2017.