August 4, 2017
An incumbent in this class is responsible for directing the conceptualization, implementation and overall administration of the State’s Investment, Banking, and Debt Management programs (collectively, the Programs), as guided, defined and adopted by the Cash Management Policy Board (CMPB) and the State’s issuing Officers (collectively, Governing Institutions).
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Assists the Governing Institutions and agency heads in the development of plans for achieving strategic goals and objectives of the Programs.
- Directs strategic initiatives of the Division and oversees development of multi-year projects and Programs.
- Provides recommendations, guidance and direction to agency heads for the purpose of meeting organizational and operational goals and objectives and identifying/resolving problems/needs; recommends new and revised policies and procedures.
- Oversees the preparation of complex studies, projects, reports and dashboards pertaining to the Programs at the request of the Governing Institutions and/or agency heads.
- Supervises, reviews, evaluates, coordinates, and prioritizes the work of staff and makes recommendations on hiring and performance-related action.
- Develops and coordinates budget proposals for the Division’s operating budget. Maintains/negotiates contractual agreements, develops request for proposals to implement provisions of state and federal regulations and/or to provide program services.
- Interprets, explains, applies and may suggest changes to applicable state and federal laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures to the administration of the Programs.
- Develops and implements methods of evaluating the Programs to ensure the delivery of quality services.
- Promotes market awareness by identifying and procuring key technologies, reports, periodicals, training, memberships and symposia invitations.
- Provides representation of OST at meetings, hearings, contract negotiations, presentations and committees.
VIEW MORE AND APPLY