July 22, 2016
On August 12, NAST’s Financial Education and Empowerment Committee will host a webinar led by the Council for Economic Education on their Survey of the States.
Join Christopher Caltabiano, the Chief Program Officer for the Council for Economic Education, for a discussion of K-12 financial literacy. Among the topics for discussion:
• The state of financial (il)literacy in America
• How K-12 financial education can stem the tide
• The current K-12 financial education landscape (hint: there’s still a lot of work to do)
• State standards and requirements: the why and the how
• How you can be a change agent in your state
There will be time after the formal presentation for questions and answers. This webinar is open to state treasurers, their staff, network affiliate members, and NAST Corporate Affiliate members.
Story Excerpt: The National Association of State Treasurers recently outlined some legislative priorities that would broaden ABLE accounts’ reach..