Thought Leadership Thursday
NAST’s 2020 Award Winners & 2021 Leadership Team
Thought Leadership Thursday Article
Two days ago, we hosted our Annual Business & Membership meeting. While the setting was quite different – virtual, in lieu of our previously planned Annual Conference in San Diego – it was wonderful to gather together as always.
Given how active our members and our Association have been this year, our agenda was particularly packed. In addition to an address from our President, Treasurer Goldberg, we heard reports from NAST leadership, committees, and networks, and the recipients of our Financial Wellness grants were announced. Lastly, the 2020 NAST award winners were recognized, and the 2021 leadership team was officially elected and announced.
I am excited to welcome our 2021 leadership team:
- President: Indiana Treasurer of State Kelly Mitchell
- Senior Vice President: Connecticut State Treasurer Shawn Wooden
- Secretary-Treasurer: South Dakota State Treasurer Josh Haeder
- Past President: Massachusetts State Treasurer and Receiver General Deborah B. Goldberg
- Eastern Region Vice President: Maine State Treasurer Henry Beck (re-elected)
- Midwestern Region Vice President: Wisconsin State Treasurer Sarah Godlewski
- Southern Region Vice President: Arkansas State Treasurer Dennis Milligan (re-elected)
- Western Region Vice President: Nevada State Treasurer Zach Conine
- Jessie M. Unruh Award: NAST President and Massachusetts State Treasurer & Receiver General Deborah B. Goldberg
- Harlan Boyles/Edward T. Alter Distinguished Service Award: Utah State Treasurer David Damschen
- Lucille Maurer Award: Mary Ellen Withrow, former Ohio State Treasurer and United States Treasurer
- Corporate Affiliate Award: Mary Anne Busse (Great Disclosure) & Michael Nevins (JP Morgan Chase)
Each and every one of our members plays an important role in our Association at large, and this meeting is always a strong reminder of that fact. Thank you for all that you do for NAST and for your communities, and I look forward to continuing to work together.
NAST Executive Director